Era of the Undying Empire
Tenryuu Mountain Range
- Is the border between the Kingdom of Arabakia and the frontier.
- Is where the elves reside.
Black Gold Mountain Range
- Is where the dwarves reside.
The Quickwind Plains
- North of the Dead Head Watching Keep.
- Wide and vast flat grasslands with slight hills and some low trees.
- The names comes from the strong winds that blow there.
- Inhabited by animals, some of them predators, centaurs, and giants.
The Wonder Hole
- Also known as the Hole of Mysteries and the Hole of Surprises. It is a gigantic tunnel located 1.5 miles north of Lonesome Field Outpost.
- Contains an entrance to the Dusk Realm.
The Fortress City Alterna is the last fortified human settlement North of the Tenryus. Alterna is known as the town of the beginning and the fortress of humanity. It has managed to hold its position due to an alliance with the elves, dwarves, and centaurs. It has all of the necessary facilities:
- Alterna Frontier Army
- Led by General Rasentra
- Red Moon headquarters
- A two-story stone building that flies a flag with a red crescent moon on a white field on it.
- Brittany is currently the commander of the Red Moon Volunteer army.
- Tenboro Tower
- A big stone tower with delicate decorations in the middle of the cities central plaza, the margrave Garlan Vedoy's home.
- Dory's Skewers (meat skewers 4 coppers each)
- Yorozu Deposit Company
- A warehouse looking building that is south of the marketplace.
- Run by the fourth Yorozu.
- Sherry's Tavern
- A pub where Volunteer soldiers and trainees like to hang out.
- Is on Flower Garden Street.
- West Town, the poorer side of town. A dangerous place.
- Thieve's Guild, a rundown wooden building
- Dread Knight's Guild, underground
- Cheap lodging for Trainee Soldiers. Costs 10 copper pieces a room and each room can house 4 people. Rooms are free once Trainee's get their Volunteer badges.
The Forbidden Tower
Is a large stone tower on top of a hill near Alterna. This is where new generations of volunteer soldiers appear, remembering nothing except their names. The tower has no entrance or exit since they magically appear and disappear.
Deadhead Watching Keep
Six kilometers north of Alterna, this keep was garrisoned by orcs until it was taken by the Alterna Frontier Army and several volunteer soldiers during the Operation Twin-Head Snake. The Keep is compromised of a big main rectangular building with three circular watchtowers on three of its corners, on the remaining corner is a bridge that leads to the walls that surround it. There are two gates on opposite sides of the walls.
Approximately 4km to the Northwest of Alterna it was once Arabakia Kingdom's second largest city. It was taken by the Undying Empire and was later occupied by goblins. The Southeast section, the Old City is mostly ruined and is where the weaker goblins usually live.
The mines situated 8km northwest of Alterna are divided into more than 10 levels with weaker Kobolds inhabiting the upper levels and the stronger ones further down. They are not entirely dark because a sort of light emitting plant grows in its tunnels.
Lonesome Field Outpost
Approximately 40km Northwest of Alterna in the Quickwind Plains. A town in a basin on a slightly elevated plateau. On the rim of this basin are several little watchtowers. In the center are several springs and a small town surrounded by a moat and fence. Usually the volunteer soldiers set up their camps just outside the towns gate, so you will usually find it filled with tents.
Free City of Vele
A human city state that is neutral. They trade with Alterna and with orcs and undead.
Red Moon Volunteer Army
Also known as Alterna Frontier Army Volunteer Soldier Corps, Red Moon. Its flag is a a red crescent moon on a white background. It is a subdivision of the Frontier Army. Brittany is the commander of the Volunteer army. Red Moon offers 10 silver pieces as a signing bonus to people. Those who accept become trainees and are given a reddish coin with a crescent moon on it. This "Trainee Badge" identifies the holder as a trainee. To become a full member of Red Moon a trainee will have to pay 20 silver and buy a Corps Badge. The Corps badge gives the owner full membership along with other perks.
The Volunteer army seems to gain its members by the people who come out the tower on top of the hill. All the people have amnesia and cannot remember more than their name. Periodically, groups of young people emerge from the tower. Brittany remarks that groups tend to be between around 10-15 people and that it is rare for it to not be.
Generations of Volunteer Soldiers:
- Unjo's Generation: Came before Brittany was a volunteer soldier. Has been trapped in Darunggar for almost 16 years and Brittany was not the Commander of Red Moon before he left Grimgar.
- Akira's Generation: Unknown if they came before, after or were apart of Unjo's generation but Unjo was surprised to hear that they survived suggesting that they were rookie volunteer soldiers.
- Brittany's Generation: Brittany was not the commander of Red Moon when Unjo was in Grimgar over 15 years ago and seems younger than Akira or Gogh but has not been confirmed if Brittany came after Akira's generation.
- Kuro's Generation: Not much is known other than that Kuro had been a volunteer soldier for 10 years.
- Soma's Generation: Not much is known other than that they have been volunteer soldier's for 4 - 6 years. Not known if other members of Tokimune or Soma's party were apart of the same generation of volunteers.
- Mary's Generation: Unknown when the arrived other than they preceded the generation that came before Haruhiro's group. Unknown how many people were in this generation other than there are two known survivors.
- Generation that Preceded Haruhiro's: Not much is known other than that it only contained 3 people who have yet to obtain their Corps Badges.
- Haruhiro's Generation: Is one of the rookie generations that has been in Grimgar for around a year. Came with 12 people though now only 10 remain.
- Choko's Generation: Was the generation that came after Haruhiro's. They came to Grimgar around 2-3 months after Haruhiro did. It is said there were more people than Haruhiro's generation but Kuzaku is the only known surviving member.
- Choko †
- Unknown male warrior †
- Unknown male warrior †
- Unknown male priest †
- Unknown female mage †
Yorozu Deposit Company
A bank run by the Yorozu family which manages a client's balances and transaction histories. Once someone is entered into the Yorozu ledger they can then begin to make deals with the Yorozu Deposit Company. The head Yorozu is someone who possess an eidetic memory. If they forget even the smallest detail they would have to cede their position the the person next in line to become the Yorozu. The Yorozu is the symbol of the company as well as its president and chairperson. A large number of people are employed as clerks and apprentices to handle the transportation of items and money, appraisals, warehouse management, and other duites. The company is open year round from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The bank takes deposits of money, acts as a money changer, and take deposits of items. The deposit fee for money is 1/100th of the total value. The deposit fee for an item is 1/50th of the appraised value of the item. The currency of Grimgar consists of three coin types: copper, silver, and gold. 100 copper pieces are equal to 1 silver piece. 100 silver pieces are equal to 1 gold piece.
Kingdom of Arabakia
The (almost) only human kingdom, that retreated south of the Tenryu Mountains and now occupies that area. Its last stronghold in the Frontier is Alterna. All territory south of the Tenryu Mountains is known as the "homeland" while anything north is the "frontier."
Kingdom of Ishmael
Undead infest this kingdom.
Kingdom of Nananka
No longer exists. Orcs have formed the Kingdom of Vangish in the ruins of Nananka. The king of Vangish had asked Jumbo to become his vassal but was refused. The ensuing conflict between Vangish and Forgan resulted in the complete decimation of Vangish's army causing the king to fall from power.
See main article: Runes (Alphabet)
Lumiaris (ルミアリス, Rumiarisu)
- God of Light
- Worshiped by Priests and Paladins
Eldritch (エルリヒ, Erurihi)
- The White Goddess
- Described as a giant wolf
- Worshiped by Hunters
Skulheill (スカルヘル, Sukaruheru)
- Dark God and Ruler of Death
- Worshiped by Dread Knights
See main article: Inhabitants of Grimgar
- These rats are the size of cats and are speedy with extremely tough hair that acts like armor. Considered similar to porcupines. They can curl up into a ball and roll away at a surprising speed. There are many subspecies of pit rat. While they are omnivores they prefer meat and will even target larger animals for food. Unfortunately, pit rat meat is not tasty and their pelts are of practically useless. They are considered vermin.
Horned Mane Dog
- Similar to wolves as they hunt in packs at night. They also don't generally attack humans.
- Wildlife that is sold by merchants at the Lonesome Field Outpost.
- Wildlife that is sold by merchants at the Lonesome Field Outpost.
- Large pseudo-chickens that can jump high and have limited flight capability. They also possess a strong kick with their large, scaled talon feet. They can be around the entrance of the Wonder Hole. Are often preyed upon the demi-humans residing in the first barrier of the Wonder Hole.
- Are ant-like non-humanoids that inhabit the Wonder Hole. They build nests throughout Wonder Hole. They are larger than humans, grape in color, are solidly built, and have small heads. Depending on the type of muryan some have a pair of hands in addition to the three pair of legs. Muryans do not mess with the demi-humans and the demi-humans do not mess with the muryans. Ustrels cause muryans to flee on site. The muryans differ in size and shape depending on their caste: worker, soldier, samurai, stallion, and queen. They seem to be somewhat vulnerable to Falz magic.
- Workers are small, harmless, and considered worthless. They build and maintain the nests.
- Stallions breed with the queen but nothing else is known about them.
- Queens lay the eggs that turn into workers, soldiers, samurai, and stallions. Not much is known about them.
- Soldiers primarily deal with external threats to the nest. They possess two blade-like arms and can take a fair amount of damage. Soldiers tend to gather around the samurai caste when in combat and will call other soldiers for reinforcements. Soldier's are vulnerable to Falz magic as the Lightning spell can kill one with a single hit. Some soldiers have a greenish gold exoskeleton which can be sold for money.
- Samurai are vicious muryan that dual wield black blade-like weapons in their dexterous hands. They are quite adept at dual wielding. Soldiers tend to gather around as support for samurai in combat. Unlike soldiers, the samurai are not as vulnerable to Falz magic as getting hit with a Lightning spell only knocks them back a step. The blades that a samurai wield are not made of metal but something that is extremely hard yet looks like porcelain. The blades are worth decent money as they can be smelted down and combined with other metals to create high quality alloys.
- A small creature with a broadmouth and tiger-like fur. It is small enough to ride on human shoulders. They are fairly common in Grimgar and can be tamed.
- Small, flying insects that produce green light during the night.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found